Roger & lea Rae reep scholarship
This scholarship was established in honor of Roger & Lea Rae Reep who were both active community members of Skagit County.
Lea Rae was known for her never-ending kindness towards others and involvement in various community organizations.
Roger served on the Mount Vernon School Board as well as the Skagit Valley YMCA Board.
The scholarship will be awarded to an outstanding student who exemplifies similar qualities and who strives through higher education to make a difference in the field she or he chooses.
To qualify for the scholarship, the applicant must be a Mount Vernon High School graduating senior with preference towards those attending Pacific Lutheran University or Washington State University. Ideally, the applicant is active in sports and/or extracurricular school activities.
The scholarship amount is $2,000 each year for two consecutive years.
November 1, 2023 - April 30, 2024
- Basic Student Information (name, contact information, date of birth, etc.)
- High School Transcript and Cumulative GPA
- SAT and/or ACT Cumulative Scores (optional)
- Describe a highlight of your school or sports involvement (character limit: 5,000)
- Signed Letter of Recommendation
- Personal essay describing a challenge in your life and what you learned from it (character limit: 5,000)
- Describe your educational goals and career interests (character limit: 1000)
- College of choice & reasons why (include Student ID if available)
- Financial plan to complete college
- Estimated annual cost of college, estimated resources available, and difference between them
- Electronic Signature & Date
April 30, 2024
Questions or Need Help?