virginia carlson scholarship
Virginia Carlson was a resident of the Lake McMurray area and her husband, Al Carlson, started a scholarship in her memory.
The scholarship provides financial support to students in the community and helps them achieve their goals through higher education.
Students who currently live or lived in the Lake McMurray Fire District area and are pursuing further education are encouraged to apply.
The scholarship amount is determined annually.
November 1, 2023 - April 17, 2024
- Basic Student Information (name, date of birth, contact information)
- Student photo
- Upload resume or list of all activities
- Number of members in household
- Number of family dependents attending college next year
- Describe a challenge in your life and what you learned from it (character limit: 5,000)
- High School Transcript and Cumulative GPA
- SAT and/or ACT Cumulative Scores (optional)
- Describe a highlight of your school or sports involvement (character limit: 5,000)
- Signed Letter of Recommendation
- Describe your educational goals and career interests (character limit: 1,000)
- College of choice - what do you like about this college?
- Financial plan to complete college
- Estimated annual cost of college and estimated resources available (savings, parent support, scholarships, work income, etc.)
- Difference between costs and resources available?
- Electronic Signature & Date
April 17, 2024
Questions or Need Help?